Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Elevator training

OK am I anal or do others think that elevator edict should be taught in all corporate new hire programs. The elevators in the building I work in suck (this is actually problem number one) The fact that you have to wait five plus minutes for an elevator that is only operating on ten floors is pretty sad seeing that there are six elevators. Yeah I know someone is thinking right now that I should get off my lazy ass and walk, well first off I can't and second, I like being lazy, it is fun. Anyway back to the edict. A simple five minute class letting people know that when someone is trying to get off a jammed elevator and you are standing in the front you should EXIT the dam elevator and let that moron in the back out. Most people at my place of employment look over their shoulder and move two inches to the left or right (of course this is directly related to the opposite direction the person beside them moves) Now I would love to think that I could fit my skinny ass through a two inch crack but unfortunately I am wider than two inches and I fear getting stuck. Simple rule folks GET THE HELL OUT OF THE ELEVATOR when someone says excuse me, don't make them repeat it six times before you realize that your in the freaking way.
Motto of the day MOVE THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY.... Asshole (say the last part under your breath for effect).

No comments: