Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tell me how it is...

FIRST OFF, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCH!

OK so some of you know what I do for a living and some of you may have figured it out. Either way, I have been in my career field for ten years, working at various locations around the world doing various types of activities in my arena of work. Not to boast but I am considered one of the up and coming young guns in my line of work and have been brought back in house to do some training of new employees on the finer art of being a professional scum bag. Well today my superiors decided that the training staff has been a little to harsh on some of the new folks and they want to give us a class on how to be a good classroom instructor. Now that is fine, I am not a professional instructor (well I am according to my job description, but in reality I am someone who has been there, done that, and that is why I am where I am teaching about real life situations these people are likely to run into) So my feathers are ruffled because they have taken someone who has a degree in education (not sure if they have ever taught in a classroom, and if they did it was not a group of adults, it was at most some high school kids, which is different.) and they have told this person that they will teach us (the trainers) how to approach our class. OK teach me how to approach them, but don't go telling me that when I say, "you'll sh#t your pants the first time you shoot at someone or get shot at " or "talking like that to a border guard in country X will get you an a$$ beating", or "when someone is interrogating you it is not because they think your cute" this is not something these kids need to hear. Well in my professional opinion, I am going to tell them like it is, not how some person with NO experience who has not been there or even heard stories from someone who has thinks I should tell them. This business sucks and there are minimal rewards for the work you do, every time you step out the door you are putting your life, your families life and all those who know you (watch out MARCH this means you) on the line. There are people out there who would love to get a hold of someone you care about just to make you miserable (I guess your safe then MARCH) it truly is a sick business and I am suppose to handle these kids who have never been exposed to any of it that everything is fine and dandy and that at no time will they ever be put in harms way. Guess Uncle Sam wants them to see this world through candy coated glasses and let them think everything is just great. Man do I feel sorry for the next class when they actually go out and do their job and run into that one person who just simply hates America and will slap the crap out of them of just looking American.
This place is JACKED UP!

3 comments:

March2theSea said...

first - thanks for the well wishes.

second - why are you censoring your own blog. Say ASS damn it.

third - what IS it like to get shot at...check that I don't ever want to know

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»