Friday, July 28, 2006

SEVEN MY ASS!

Ever thought about the seven wonders of the world? Well today in a random thought I decided to look them up, well according to more than one source there are not only seven wonders of the world, there are eight seperate categories of the seven wonders, and I was thinking right after my original six tour, and my skiing in the rockies and alps, I would hit the seven wonders of the world tour. Well according to this list of the SEVEN(??) wonders of the world, I have been to 11 of the 56? Fifty six what the hell is that? I guess the “56 wonders of the world” was not a great marketing slogan so they changed it to seven, and added sub categories. By the way, most of these places on this list charge a fee so if you think it is not a marketing ploy think again, you have got to love capitalism!

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (0-7)
Can't say that I have ever been to any of these and I can not say that I will never go, seeing that some of these are in the Middle East and Uncle Sam is bound to ship me off there one of these days. Not that I will be doing much sight seeing but hey you never know I may get in to one or two of these places while shooting at some skinnies.
The Great Pyramid of Giza
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
The Colossus of Rhodes
The Pharos of Alexandria

The Seven Wonders of the Medieval Mind (1-7)
Haven't been to any of these either, I did see part of the Great Wall of China at Epcot once, so for technical reasons I will mark that one off with an astrict and move it to the bottom of my to do list, and count it for now, hell that is a communist country and I am not putting myself through hours of interrogation just to see some dam wall!
Stonehenge
The Colosseum
The Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
The Great Wall of China *
The Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
The Hagia Sophia
The Leaning Tower of Pisa

The Seven Natural Wonders of the World (2-7)
Check that block, been to the Grand Canyon. I also thought that Niagra Falls was on this portion of the list but I guess not. Also how come the Great Barrier Reef is on this list and the next one! Something fishy here, Niagra is being added from an admin stand point, and why because this is my freaking blog and I said it should be on there so sit down and shut your pie hole.
Mount Everest
The Great Barrier Reef See The next dam list!
The Grand Canyon YEAH! I been there!
Victoria Falls
The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro
Paricutin Volcano
The Northern Lights
Niagara Falls (U.S. Side, the Canadian side does not count, until you eliminate those French speaking, tree hugging, white flag waving jackasses who live in Montreal.

The Seven Underwater Wonders of the World (0-7)
O.K. the Great Barrier Reef is now only on one list (I must have copied this crap off an Aussie web site) nothing like stuffing the ballot box or anything. Still have not been to any of these, some day if MARCH ever gets me diving, we will make the trip to Australia and go swimming with the Great Whites feeding at the reef.
Palau
The Belize Barrier Reef
The Galapagos Islands
The Northern Red Sea
Lake Baikal
The Great Barrier Reef*
The Deep Sea Vents

The Seven Wonders of the Modern World (4-7)
OK so I have been to the CN tower, I have been to the Empire State Building, I have been to the Panama Canal, and I have been to the Golden Gate Bridge. That make this list close to completion, not sure if I will ever do the Channel Tunnel, just imagine a Ted Williams incident halfway through that bad boy. NO THANKS, not to mention the fact that XM does not work in tunnels and I may miss Mike and Mike while driving through.
The Empire State Building DONE
The Itaipú Dam
The CN Tower DONE
The Panama Canal DONE
The Channel Tunnel
The North Sea Protection Works
The Golden Gate Bridge DONE

The Seven Forgotten Natural Wonders of the World (2-7)
FIVE, what the hell happened to the other two? They are so forgotten that who ever came up with this list forgot to add them? WFT OVER! If they are forgotten, then who the hell cares, Niagara Falls is on this list (must be for the Canadian side as no one goes to the Canadian side unless they went to the U.S. side first and drove across the bridge, just to say they went to Canada. Been to the Bay of Fundy, this place is pretty amazing when the tide comes in, I highly recommend it, the tide comes in something like 60 feet higher than low tide. I was fairly impressed with the whole thing.
Angel Falls
The Bay of Fundy DONE
Iguaçú Falls Krakatoa Island
Mount Fuji Mount Kilimanjaro
Niagara Falls *(Canadian side) DONE

The Seven Forgotten Modern Wonders of the World (2-7)
This whole forgotten theme needs to go, give me a dam break are they wonders or are the not? The Clock Tower (Big Ben) DONE.. “Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament..” For you Chevy Chase fans!
Eiffel Tower
The Gateway Arch
The Aswan High
Dam Hoover Dam DONE
Mount Rushmore National Memorial
The Petronas Towers

The Seven Forgotten Wonders of the Medieval Mind (0-7)
OK is this of the world or of the mind? Either way I’m 0-7 here, unless of course I go there in my mind. Shut up, I can do what I want, after all IT’S MY DAM BLOG and it’s is my mind, well what is left of it at least, not to mention the portion Uncle Sam has brain washed, hell o.k. so it WAS my mind and now I lease it!
Abu Simbel
Temple Angkor
Wat Taj Mahal
Mont Saint-Michel
The Moai Statues
The Parthenon
The Shwedagon Pagoda

3 comments:

March2theSea said...

thats pretty cool. Guess that military gig got you places. I always knew there were wonders of the ancient world for example..still its too many.

March2theSea said...

also look kids Big Ben Parliment was from Euro Vacation..still CCHase though

Sammy and Joe said...

That was a brain fart March... I have since corrected it to state 'Chevy Chase fans'

You STILL got the point though beeeeaaatch