Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Slap (in the face) shot!

O.K. Here goes nothing.....
I have been a Bruins fan for oh hell... a LONG TIME! Anyway I told a buddie of mine ToddieT123 that I would not watch another B's game until MOC was as to make like Elvis and exit the building, well I was doing great for the past week, until last night when I began surfing NHL Center Ice while watching faithfully departed Sammy and the crude pumpers. I found myself watching the B's build a 4-2 lead over the struggling Leafs.... only to loosein a shoot out. We finally put more than two biscuits in the net and WE STILL FREAKING LOOSE! I put this one on the shoulders of Boynton. I know todd, you like the kid, I am not sure when the rock fell on his head, if it was during the lockout or during his hold out, but it sure as hell did some damage! First he gets 10 for running his mouth about a blatant cross check (which mind you was not called on him) then he continues to run his mouth ensuring a full 2:00 five on three all but sealing the tie for the leafs. Then he comes out of the box after his twelve minute two goal rest, and gets another penalty, tripping someone who was taking the puck to the corner. I know scoring from the corner CAN happen, IF YOUR WAYNE FREAKING GRETZKY! What pissed me off even more, and has now led me to believe that maybe Sully is not the man for the job either (read MOC and Sully hold hands as they depart Causeway St. in April, or sooner, heading for the unemployment line, while the largest crowd since Ray brought back the cup HE WON IN COLORADO, stands outside cheering!) Boynton should have never been back on the ice, Sully should have sat his sorry a$$ on the bench and told him his next shift comes tomorrow morning when he will find himself skating from goal line to goal line in a referee uniform reciting “I will learn to keep my mouth shut” , or when one of his remaining defensemen drops dead and no sooner. I am now on the Boston Globe watch, hoping to see the sports page with a breaking news headline that reads... "Team bus hits MOC and JJ, and keeps moving... next stop? Playoffs 2007???"

1 comment:

March2theSea said...

B's still the only team to not win in the shootout..something like 3goals vs 22 as well.